Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sarah Coventry Reps Displaced Need a JUMP Start More Than Ever!

I wanted to drop you a note to let you know a couple of things:

First, my heart goes out to ALL Sarah Coventry reps that have been effected by their recent closure. I'm working on a special call for all reps, but ESPECIALLY Sarah Coventry Reps faced with a "now what?" decision. Stay tuned for more details.

If you know anyone looking for the next step in their business, I encourage you to point them to our website, get them signed up for the newsletter and help them in any way you can. Direct Sellers need to stick together.

I've been contacted by more than a dozen Sarah Coventry Reps in the past few days, which is why I KNOW this is a critical time in the business - not just for them, but for you as well.

Most of them called asking for guidance, direction and company recommendations. But a couple called to THANK me. Because of what I teach in Home Party Solution, they were able to position themselves as an expert and grow their personal database even while their Sarah Coventry websites were being deactivated. These consultants are transitioning to new companies with less effort and headache than those that put all their eggs in the basket of Sarah Coventry.

I wish I could say I was shocked. In this day and age, not much surprises me anymore. This year has seen at least two well-funded, reputable companies close their doors - and a few more less-than-reputable ones as well.

This is why I PREACH on the fact that you need to brand yourself first. In fact, I decided today that my next book will focus entirely on that concept. Direct sales reps eed to be concerned about promoting their own image and perosnal brand in the marketplace. That way, when your company closes (and Sarah Coventry is a great example), you'll still have clients and a market to srve - you'll just need a new product.

Think of it this way: If you own "SUPER STORE", and the manufacturer stops making "Brand X Soap", do you close your doors? No! You find a different supplier. But if people only thought of you as a Brand X Soap salesman, you'd be out of business fast.

That's what's happened to so many consultants this year.

So I'm asking you to pass this message on as a reminder. The more we share this message with consultants, the stronger our businesses will grow. I'm so passionate about this, you'll see it on my blogs in a day or so. We need to keep hearing (and sharing) this message.

Lastly, I wanted to remind you we still have a couple of slots left on this teleclass. Tell your friends in the industry. I don't want to see anyone else become a "Sarah Coventry" statistic.

1 comment:

J98 said...

I would like to remain anonymous, but have to express some recent events that occurred within Sarah Coventry. Part of the reason the company did not survive was due to the poor decisions our President/CEO made. Our boss was a very hardworking and driven woman, yet her way of succeeding has been to bully everyone from consultants to vendors. She would publicly humiliate people, choose favorites based on appearance, and altered sales numbers during awarding incentives. If she personally didn't like you, she would drive you away. Even if you were a top performing consultant. Sadly, our company is no longer, but thankfully there are numerous other direct selling companies out there to work for, where we won't be bullied into selling.